Olson General Contracting is fully committed to the ongoing safety training and development of our employees. Our Safety & Health Program is tailored to our industry and focuses on the work in which we are engaged.
We have found that while OSHA and other agencies set the standards of compliance it is the larger corporate clients who have really lead the way in making work place site safety and health a reality.
In light of this OGC has sought ISNetworld approval. Currently, we are compliant and enjoy an “A” rating with our Jones Lang LaSalle / Honeywell clients. We have met and/or exceeded their safety and performance requirements while focusing diligently on training.
Specifically, our approach is to:
- Partnership with organizations like the National Safety Council, the NFPA, the American Red Cross and local OSHA approved training centers to ensure our employees are getting the best instruction.
- Our in-house training utilizes our most experienced supervisors qualified as competent person trainers for the instruction of other employees.
- Weekly training classes on a wide range of topics – many of which are listed in the next column.
- We employ tool box talks, site safety evaluations and safety awareness training to keep safety and correct practices a part of the day-to-day approach to work.
Some of our training topics ...
- First Aid / CPR / AED
- AEGCP / GFI’s
- Aerial Lifts
- Arc Flash
- Asbestos Awareness
- Benzene Awareness
- Confined Space
- Disciplinary Action
- Driving Safety
- Electrical Qualified/Unqualified
- Fall Protection
- Fall Prevention
- Forklift / Industrial Trucks
- Hand & Power Tools
- Hazard Communication
- Hydrogen Sulfide
- Incident Investigation
- Ladder Safety
- Lead Safety
- NFPA 70E
- Noise Exposure/Hearing Conservation
- Pandemic Preparedness
- Respiratory Protection
- Trenching & Excavation